Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Special day


A few days ago on August 3, 2010 I went to the Prospect park Zoo with my father. Now I know this sounds baby-ish but its not. Well we saw all there was to see but the point of this entry is a really, really special moment for me. We had gone over to the habitat for the River Otters but they weren't doing anything so we moved on to the next exhibit. Then a man standing beside the River Otters said that they were moving so I went over to take pictures of them. Btw... while we were going through the zoo I noticed that there were a lot of special needs people at the park and in particular this one lady. She looked SO nice and happy. Anyway while I was standing taking pictures of the river otters she came over and said in the nicest special needs voice "Hey, take a picture of me!" and it just touched my heart! I regret the fact that I couldn't learn her name or even show her the picture. I didn't get to because my dad was shooing me away. I feel so bad now but I got a Red Panda plushie at the zoo and every time I look at it I will think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment